The Winter Intensive will be hosted at the world-class Sirata Beach Resort. Advance hotel registration is highly recommended. The special Sirata room rate of $194/night (plus taxes) cannot be guaranteed past December 1st at 11p EST. We strongly recommend you make a reservation in advance. There is an up-charge of $40/night for Studios (these include mini kitchen) or $60/night of Suites (these include a living room and kitchen). If you are sharing space with roommates these options might be for you! Rooms can be comfortably shared by up to four people (two queen beds plus a fold out couch in the suites). Plus, If you reserve a room with a kitchen you don’t have to go out for meals as much either.
In addition to the discounted room rates, the resort fees and parking fees (one vehicle per room) have been waived as part of our deal with the Sirata, so you will not be charged for those things. Also, the quoted room rates listed below are available for up to 3 days before and after the dates below, so come early or stay late and enjoy the resort!
To reserve a room now, call 1-800-344-5999 and mention “Aikido Schools of Ueshiba 2024 Winter Intensive Group Block”. You may have to leave a message. Someone from the reservation desk will call you back to make your arrangements. Once you are at the hotel, a rental car is not really necessary since practically everything is within walking distance. There are several bars and restaurants (also pools, hot tubs, and the beach of course) on the Sirata campus. But there are also numerous restaurants, cafes, shops, and a grocery store within only a few short blocks of the hotel.
Details about the various room types can be found: https://www.sirata.com/suites-rooms
Here are some photos of the hotel property:
Additional details about the resort can be found: https://www.sirata.com
For those interested, an inexpensive lodging alternative is the Fort Desoto Park. Fort Desoto offers some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida, and is only about a 10 minute drive from the Sirata. Campsites can be booked online, and are available for about $35/night. Availability fills up quickly, so book well in advance if you are interested.
Notes from Sirata:
– All rooms are subject to applicable taxes.
– Resort package fee has been waived for the group, but you will have access to all resort package amenities.
– Group rates may not be combined with any other special offer, package or discount.
– On-site overnight guest parking fee is included with resort package. Please note that due to limited parking; only one vehicle per guest room will be permitted to park on property. On-site overnight guest parking fee is $25.00 per vehicle; based on availability. On-site day visitor parking is $10.00 per vehicle.
– Our Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival date by 4PM (EST) or a one night room fee plus applicable tax will be charged.
– Upon check-in, individuals will be required to provide a credit or debit card for potential incidental charges during their stay. A hold of $50.00 per day for the entire stay will be placed on the card. This hold may not be released by the issuing bank for up to ten business days after the individual’s departure.